Welcome to The Barn at Warmth & Wonder...
Cosy down under the warm duvets in the main bedroom or climb up to the sleeping platform and watch the stars
Pop outside and explore the woodland, splash in the streams or simply watch the mountain views change
Rest in front of the log-burning stove in the warm, light, open plan living area
Set within 48 acres of wildlife rich hillside and woodland the Barn at Warmth & Wonder is the perfect space to rest and unwind. An ideal base to explore the wonderful borderlands of the Black Mountains and Golden Valley.
The Barn is perfect for a couple and comfortably sleeps 4 adults or a family of 5. Choose between the main bedroom, with it’s traditional beams and exposed stone, or climb up to the sleeping platform and through the canvas door for some star gazing from your own indoor ‘tent'.
The Barn sits alongside the owners house on the southern slopes of Merlin's Hill (Mynydd Ferddin), overlooking Hatterrall Hill and the Black Mountains, with views towards the holy mountain of Skirrid Fawr to the south, and Black Hill (The Cats Back / Crib y Garth) to the north.
There are 48 acres of hillside and woodland on the doorstep to explore, with stunning views at every turn, the Black Mountains are a delight with their ever changing play of light and shadow. The Barn offers quiet and stillness, with the calling of buzzards and babbling streams providing the soundscape.
Andrea from Gloucestershire
Mariana from London
Diane from London
Rachel from Hereford
Sarah from London
Ryan from London
Steph from Exeter
Max and parents from Kent
George from Warwickshire
Annabel from Cheltenham
Gallery - Indoors
Gallery - Outdoors
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric cooker, toaster and microwave, plus fridge and access to a freezer and washing machine if needed
- TV and DVD player for watching films (no terrestrial reception but there are a selection of DVDs to borrow or bring your own)
- The bathroom has a bath with shower, basin and toilet
- Wood fuel supplied for the wood-burning stove
- Central heating and instant hot water
- Filtered drinking water on tap from our own spring
- Cot and clip on high chair available on request – plus plastic cutlery and bowls provided
- Bedding, linen & towels provided
- Both sleeping areas can be made up with twin or double beds – main bedroom has a luxury super king size double / twin beds plus a single day-bed, whilst the sleeping platform has a super king size double / twin beds
- Games to play and selection of children’s toys
- BBQ and fire-bowl available
- Limited Wifi available and mobile network
- Local maps, walking routes and books to borrow
- Home-made bread, breakfast hamper and ready meals available by arrangement
- Lots of lovely walks from the doorstep and good local network of footpaths, including Offa’s Dyke
- Dark night skies for stargazers
- On-site wildlife walks available
- Plenty of outdoor spaces to sit and take in the views
- Organic veg box can be delivered by arrangement
- Pubs within walking distance
- Fantastic local shop for all your needs
Need to know
- Owners on site and on hand for any help and advice
- Sleeping platform – this is reached by a ladder stairs (with rails on both sides) and has restricted head space. This room is not suitable for children under 9 yrs, but does have a lockable stair-gate to stop little ones going up
- The woodland and fields surrounding The Barn are open for you to explore, but please note the land and paths are steep in places and so not accessible for everyone
- There are streams and a pond with open water nearby – children playing outside need to be supervised
Warmth & Wonder is based at Garn Farm near Clodock, Longtown, in Herefordshire.
On the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park and overlooking the Black Mountains.
Nearest main roads:
40 minutes from the M4 at Newport.
30 mins from the M50 at Ross-on-Wye